Friday, August 31, 2012

Mobile Phones are Dirtier than Toilet Seats

Mobile phone in hand
Image from guardian.co.uk
Of course everyone wants to sit in a clean and spotless toilet seat. In fact every homemaker makes sure that this is the cleanest among the place in our home. Soaps, water and disinfectant can thoroughly clean it, and if you compare toilet seat than the keyboard of our computer it will appeared that the keyboard is more dangerous and prone to sickness and diarrhea.

But be more warned when you find out that your mobile phone is more dangerous and threat to your health. The one that you always hold almost every day anytime of the day contains more bacteria than you find in a toilet.

According to experts, they discovered that there are 10 folds more bacteria in the average phone that they experimented which can cause nausea and stomach problems.

If we notice our phones are often passed from hands to another hands and we neglect to clean it, in which the bacteria and germs are cultivating and spreading and diseases keeps building up on the phone. According to Charles Gerba, a microbiologist at the University of Arizona, bacteria get into the phone easily due to the fact that it is so close to our hands and mouths. When mobile phones are shared with friends or strangers, germs easily get into the devices and since it is an electronic device, people seldom clean them, Gerba added.

Most often people do not usually clean their phones. However, giving them a wipe with an antibacterial substance or alcohol can sanitize it and can save you from harmful diseases especially if your child also borrows your phone to play or used it as a communication. 

18 comments:

  1. reminds me to clean my phone with alcohol. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true. Money also is a lot dirtier than toilet seats as it passes also to different hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iwwww! CP dirtier than toilet seat??
    I have to clean up my phone and keyboard now na!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually read about this sometime ago. But since I'm reading it now, I might as well give my phone a good cleaning right now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. True! We should clean our phones and keyboards often to prevent the spread of germsssss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I hold my mobile I am bringing with me my hand sanitizer. Kung sa anak ko pa ..ADDICT na ako sa HAND SANITIZER. Takot lang ako sa GERMS. Hehheee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree and it also reminds me to always clean my phone since both my kids are also holding it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whew i find it true for we are holding our fones 24/7.. and of course we do not wash it with water.. annd the most convincing part is that hands are the carrier o germs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. true, phones collect bacteria's but non so far got sick because of this, probably we are all immune with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it ok to wipe your phone with alcohol or will that damage the phone?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cellphones are one of the things that often go unnoticed. I tend to forget too but I always make sure to use baby wipes in cleaning it. Dirt in phones can cause breakouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also happen to read some articles related to this saying that mobile phones are indeed dirtier than toilet seats. However, as they said, those type of germs are less harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah... it made me realize that now... because we hold it all the time while we touch hundreds of other things in between. I'm reminded that i should sanitize my mobile phone more from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I regularly sanitize my phone, ipad and laptop with antibac wipes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree and the dirtiest part of the body is our hands. That is why it is important to always wash our hands especially after toilet use and before eating.

    Mommy Jem of Experience of a Super Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it as what I've read from the web. Toilets are cleaner than PC keyboards and even mobile phones. But are we aware it before? Studies have found that out. Then what then?

    ReplyDelete
  17. yep, clean hands, save lives. Most of us know that but not all of us who do practice handwashing. So lesson learned, wash hands, sanitize phone after someone else uses it.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

1186277